If you are an immigrant from another part of the world looking forward to relocating to the United States, read through as you may be eligible to apply for the American Visa Sponsorship Program.
This particular program offers a way for immigrants to obtain a work visa and ultimately a green card, which allows them to permanently reside in the United States.
In this article, we will be providing you with a detailed guide on how to apply for the American Visa Sponsorship Program.
WHAT IS THE AMERICAN VISA SPONSORSHIP PROGRAM?
The American Visa Sponsorship Program, also known as the H-1B visa program, is a non-immigrant work visa program to allow U.S. employers to recruit foreign job seekers in a given occupational specialty that requires specialized skills or knowledge.
The program is planned to assist companies in the US hire experts to fill skills in and around their workforce, and it is generally restricted to approximately 85,000 visas per year.
The American Visa Sponsorship Program is usually professionally handled by the Department of State under the Immigration and Nationality Act.
Apart from the workforce that this visa helps the companies fill, it also takes care of study, where experts and professionals are granted access to materials and the intellectual exchange of ideas.
Immigrants with this kind of visa are entitled to bring their whole family to the United States, and this facilitates the process of becoming American citizens. How about that?
RELATED: MARRIAGE ON U.S.A TOURIST VISA?
BENEFITS OF THE AMERICAN VISA SPONSORSHIP PROGRAM
This kind of American visa interests so many people across the globe, because the US is the dreamland of almost everyone, and secondly, there are so many benefits attached to the visa, some of which we have enumerated here in this article.
The American Visa Sponsorship Program remains one of the best visas one can ever talk about, specifically because it creates a path to permanent residency in the United States. With the H-1B visa, one is eligible to apply for a green card after six years.
Successful candidates that get jobs in the States are privileged to achieve additional and valuable experiences, which will be a great advantage to them once they get back to their countries.
Apart from this, American companies are given access to the best talent, which will help improve all areas, including the economy.
We understand how important this particular visa is to you; hence, we have listed the following tips to help you prepare better and come out as one of the successful candidates.
We encourage you to read this thoroughly and patiently, as you have to prepare well to be able to win this visa.
- Start the process early: the application process for the American Visa Sponsorship Program takes a couple of months to complete. So, we advise you to start very early and work it through till the deadline.
- Work with an immigration attorney: truth be told, having an immigration attorney with experience helping you with this kind of visa makes everything easier. This is true because he or she ensures that your application is done accurately and on time.
- Ensure your qualifications match the job requirements: This is not rocket science; for you to secure this visa, your education and work experience must match the position for which you are applying.
- Be prepared for the interview: No doubt, the interview is one of the most critical parts of applying for the American Visa Sponsorship Program. We are not trying to scare you here, but you must be prepared just the same way you get ready for an examination. Bear in mind your qualifications and, mostly, your intentions for traveling to the United States; keep it simple and explain further if need be.
FAQS ABOUT THE AMERICAN VISA SPONSORSHIP PROGRAM
- What is the American Visa Sponsorship Program? The American Visa Sponsorship Program is a program that allows companies in the United States to legally sponsor foreign workers for momentary work visas, for example, the H-1B visa, with the option of acquiring permanent residency in the United States.
- Who is eligible for the American Visa Sponsorship Program? The visa is open for foreign workers who have the educational qualifications and work experience for whatever position they will be filling. Such individuals are eligible to apply.
- How many visas are available each year? The number of visas needed annually varies and is limited. This implies that the numbers are different each year. We advise you to apply as early as possible, as this will increase your chances of being among the successful candidates.
- How long does the application process take? Visa processing can take several months to be completed. As we stated earlier, start as early as possible, as it will increase your chances of being successful.
- What’s the difference between a work visa and a green card? With a work visa, foreigners are allowed to work in the country temporarily, while a green card gives the individual permanent residency.
RELATED: SCHOLARSHIPS IN THE U.S.
TIPS TO CONSIDER FOR THE AMERICAN VISA SPONSORSHIP PROGRAM APPLICATION
- Determine your eligibility: review the eligibility requirements for the American Visa Sponsorship Program to be sure you meet them before you start the application.
- Find a job sponsor: Look for companies in the United States that are willing to sponsor foreign workers for temporary work visas. This can be done by checking the websites of companies or contacting them through email.
- Apply for the job: once you find this company that is ready to sponsor foreigners and you have seen a position for which you meet the educational qualifications and work experience requirements, apply by submitting your CV and cover letter, depending on what they require.
- Obtain a job offer: if you are lucky enough to be selected for the position, this company in the U.S. will provide you with a job offer that contains the details of the job, including salary and other terms of your employment.
- Apply for the visa: the application process involves completing paperwork, including Form I-129, and providing documentation of your education and work experience.
- Attend an interview: once the application is approved, you will be invited for an interview at the U.S. embassy or consulate. As we stated before, this part is very crucial to visa processing.
- Receive your visa: if you pass the interview, you will be issued a visa, with which you can start your preparation to come to the United States.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE AMERICAN VISA SPONSORSHIP PROGRAM
You have to keep in mind that everything concerning this registration or application is done completely online. Intending applicants are advised to check the diversity visa lottery and be cautious of the following steps;
- Intending visa applicants are directed to visit www.travel.state.gov and kick off their applications.
- You will see stages you need to undergo: step 1-step 10. Firstly, click on step 1 “submit an entry.
- You are compelled to click on the Apply or Register button.
- Now, fill out and upload all necessary documents.
- Cross-check if the information entered is correct.
- Click the Final Submit button.
- Keep checking the site for updates, whether you are selected or not.
2 thoughts on “AMERICAN VISA SPONSORSHIP PROGRAM | IMMIGRATE TO THE USA”