Virginia Retirement System Jobs are one of the benefits that retired employees enjoy for serving the public. They help their members plan for today or tomorrow by providing retirement education, counseling, community service, customer service, etc. Its core mission is to help Virginia retirees enjoy life after retirement through sound financial stewardship or customer service.
VRS strives to be the trusted leader in the delivery of quality service and benefits to those they serve. It draws its strength from inclusion, diversity, and equity. Its driving force is to help retirees enjoy their retirement days, whether voluntary or involuntary. VRS is a huge source of income or livelihood for retirees. They also provide community service and primary healthcare for the retiree. It has so many retirement benefits.
VIRGINIA RETIREMENT SYSTEM JOB VALUES
VRS has core values that drive the company forward. Some of the values include, but are not limited to:
- Integrity: VRS works on uprightness, transparency, and integrity as it performs its roles. Integrity is one of their features that they are known for.
- Teamwork: As VRS performs its duty in any environment, it always carries everybody along. They have an undying team spirit as they create, plan, and execute their work. They believe that all hands must be on deck for productivity to be achieved.
- Accountability: Accountability is at the forefront of their words, actions, and decision-making as they work and commit to their aims, objectives, and values.
- Agility: As they respond to change, they perform it with agility.
BENEFITS OF VIRGINIA RETIREMENT SYSTEM JOB
There are numerous benefits to VRS. Some are:
- Life Insurance
- Death in service
- Military leave
- Benefit payout options
- Life insurance: life insurance is one of the benefits of being a VRS participant. If your employer participates from the onset, then you are covered from day one because your employer will pay for your premium. If you apply directly through VRS, you may have to pay for a portion of your premium. You can pay your premium through a payroll deduction. Other life insurance benefits include, for example, that if you are late, your family will contact your employer, who will coordinate and make sure that they take every benefit due for the deceased. But if this happens after your retirement, your family will contact Securian Financial at 800-441-2258. VRS has Securian Financial as its insurer. VRS pays benefits according to the beneficiary’s designation.
- Death in service: The death in service benefit is the lump sum amount paid from the deceased’s account balance to his or her beneficiary. It is an addition to any life insurance you have.
- Severance: If you are removed from your coverage by your employer, you will be eligible for severance pay. Involuntary separation from your coverage can be caused by other things like budget reduction, workforce downsizing, agency reorganization, etc. But if you voluntarily resign or retire from your coverage, you will not be eligible to benefit from severance pay.
- Military leave benefit: If you are called to active military duty, you have time served granted to you at no cost.
- Benefits payout options: immediately after your retirement, your retirement benefits will be paid to you from your membership contribution account. The payout will come in the form of a monthly payment, although it is according to the payout plan you choose, and your choice is irrevocable. Some of the payout plans are: survivor option, advance pension option, partial lump sum option payout, etc.
VIRGINIA RETIREMENT SYSTEM JOB PROGRAM
- Purchase of prior service
- Long-term care
- VRS Disability Retirement
- Virginia Local Disability Program
- Virginia sick and disabled program
HOW TO REGISTER
You can register for Virginia Retirement System jobs through your employer at the onset of your job or visit their website at www.varetire.org You can as well contact them at +1 888 827 3847 or visit their office at 777 N. Capitol Street NE, Suite 600, Washington, DC 20002.
The Virginia Retirement System jobs are one of the retirement benefits that VRS provides for workers who serve the public. They provide them with so many retirement benefits, including retirement payout plans that suit everyone. VRS is inspired by the value of creating a beautiful or memorial retirement experience for everyone, irrespective of their background or class. You can contact them today for more information.