8 BENEFITS OF BECOMING A US CITIZEN
It looks like there are unlimited benefits to becoming a US citizen. These days, everyone is looking for ways to gain access to the country, live, work, study, and possibly become a citizen of the United States.
According to studies, the US is actually a good place to live, as individuals who live in the country tend to have a better health-related quality of life and appreciated life expectancy.
The level of the organized healthcare system, availability of jobs, educational level, and the general lifestyle, makes the US one of the favorite countries to live in.
Read More on: HOW TO CANCEL HULU APP ACCOUNT
BENEFITS OF BECOMING A US CITIZEN
- Your children’s citizenship: children to law-abiding citizens of the United States, who are less than 18 years of age, automatically become US citizens when their parents’ naturalization is established. This indicates that the children don’t need to apply for naturalization once they turn 18 years of age.
- The right and voted for: law-abiding citizens of the United States have the right to vote during the general election, and they also have the right to be voted for provided they are up to the age to contest for such position.
- Right to be a US passport holder: the US passport is regarded as one of the most powerful passports in the world today. With a US passport, you have the right to visit about 180 countries without a visa. It saves time and money too. You have the right as well to re-enter the US any time you feel like it.
- Qualification for government jobs: becoming a US citizen through naturalization puts one in a good condition to gain jobs more than the noncitizens. Government jobs in the States are quite better than the company jobs within the country. Government jobs come with some basic incentives that you can’t while working with private firms.
- Advantages over US Tax: when you are a US citizen or your spouse is a US citizen, he/she has the right to real estate property bequeathed to him/her from you. This will exempt your spouse from property tax.
- No deportation: obtaining US citizenship saves one from unnecessary issues that may lead to deportation. The United States doesn’t smile with crime issues, in that while a non-citizen commits a crime, it may likely lead to gruesome deportation of such individual, but for green card holders, or permanent residents, the law may likely reconsider.
- You obtain other federal benefits: becoming a US citizen gives one the right to enjoy what other US citizens enjoy. This indicates that you will be treated as a citizen; enjoy whatever benefits attached to becoming a US citizen.
- Ability to bring your family to the US: a US citizen has the right to petition for his/her parents, siblings, children, or spouses to migrate to the US. Interestingly, the time it takes to process the petition is now shortened, in the sense that it takes little time now. Only parents, spouses, or children (under 21 years) of the US citizens are regarded as immediate relatives, and that makes the application shorter.